Thursday 26 August 2010

First Day in London

So today was my first day in London - and I am exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open. We got off the airplane, battled our luggage to the bus, and then had to lug the stupid things up a never ending staircase. My room is all the way at the top. But you can't get to it the normal way, you have to go up to the second or third level, go across the hall and use that staircase to get to the top. And I thought living in a Victorian was bad - Laura you've got it made.
Our first assignment was to go buy "mobile phones." (And we stood on a horrendously long "que" to get them). After that we were sent Tube hopping. We were divided into pairs and given a Tube stop to visit and explore.
Elephant & Castle:
  This is the little statue outside the station. We learned that the name Elephant and Castle was taken from a coaching inn that used to be there.

Metropolitan Tabernacle - a Baptist Church. I don't know anything else about it

No comments:

Post a Comment